Friday, June 15, 2012

The outlaw living in the woods

My home in the woods, and yes that is a 45lc on my hip. AMERICA!
Well I have been here for a couple of months now and settled into a pretty basic routine. Work, yurt, work, yurt. I would like to say that I am going on all theses epic adventures but I have not been. Gas is about 4.30 a gallon for the cheep stuff so driving anywhere is quite expensive. So far its been a slow fire season and the income isn't coming in as rapidly as previous seasons. O well, life isn't about money.
Local adventures are not out of the question but the woods are so infested with mosquitos and super marshy, so the fun and motivation gets sucked out of hiking pretty quick. So in my non active boredom I decided to buy a motorcycle. Its an old 1981 Susuki GS650E. I rode the bike for about a week then it started craping out on me then wouldn't idle at all. So now I have a big hunk o metal in my front yard that I tinker on from time to time. I didn't want it to but my yurt is turing into a typical Alaskan homestead complete with non running motor vehicles in the front yard.
  As you see in the pictures I did get to fly to this remote town in the middle of Wrangel St Elias NP to burn some piles at some remote historic cabins. This was by far the most breathtaking country I have ever seen. The glaciers were indescribably beautiful. A small glimpse of Heaven. I also did a trip up to the town of Eagle NE of Fairbanks to float the Yukon river. I didn't take any pictures of that trip though due to the overwhelming amount of mosquitos. I have never experienced them like this. The country was not nearly as dramatic as Wrangel but had a beauty in its own way. We saw two black bear and a bunch of moose. One was in the middle of the river swimming to the other side. Crazy. That river is at least a mile wide and flows pretty fast. He mad it though. Well thats about all i have for now. Be sure and check out the new pics on Photobucket.
  Seth Bently if your reading this, my next post will consist of something pertaining to fixies.

  Choss free, Jah love

No comments:

Post a Comment